Friday, March 29, 2013

6 Week Mark

Landon hit his 6 week mark yesterday. And off to the doctor we went.
The good news is that Landon is growing normally and is very healthy. He will eventually stop having froggy legs, his head ridges will go away and his soft spot will close. Mommy on the other hand? WARNING WARNING TO MUCH INFO MOMENT HERE-- CONTINUE ON WITHOUT LOOKING IF YOU DONT WANT TO READ-- I guess my stitches decided to get infected and I now have an infected open sore that is leaking puss. --- ALL CLEAR!! TMI MOMENT OVER! And I have been given a prescription for anti-depressants because I need some help with my moods. Hurray for me.

I think women need more credit for what we go through when giving birth. It takes 2 years for our bodies to recover fully from the damage of carrying the baby and childbirth. We have rapid weight gain, stretch marks, our vitamins and other nutrients are leached out of us, then we have to either push this baby out of a small hole or be cut open, then there's all the recovery from those events and nursing. Not complaining, but it is pretty hard on our bodies and it can be emotionally exhausting. Actually no, it is emotionally exhausting.

I have decided to try walking some. on wednesday I went for an hour walk and it was so nice and warm outside. Landon slept the first part then woke up and was a little fussy on the way back. But it was sooo cute to see his cheeks jiggle when the road got bumpy. I'll have to take a video today on my walk.

I dont really have much to say, my life has kind of gotten on the dull part again.(As dull as one can get with a newborn) Ricky still has not been approved to be released from the Marines. Still waiting on him, still waiting on the visa. Seems like life likes to get stuck and hold off for long periods of time. Story of my life, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment