Monday, April 29, 2013

The Postpartum Blues x5

One of the hardest things for me after giving birth was the depression. I guess I should say is because this sadness doesn't seem to want to go away. I wish I had read the packet that the nurse gave me earlier, because I have felt crazier than I have ever felt before. Like a raging lunatic. There are so many hormone shifts and mood swings. Recently I must have had a another hormone change because I'm starting to shed my hair. Which results in lower self esteem because my hair was so thin before my pregnancy. I wish someone could invent some sort of way to see what balance your hormones are at when you feel the happiest and give you supplements based on that. Life would be grand.

Having read the packet the nurse gave me.. I feel relieved that my issues are so normal with the postpartum depression.
-Perfectionism.. (needing things to be perfect, done right or in control) CHECK
-Unresolved issues from the past. CHECK
-feelings of loss, freedom, body image, control, identity CHECK
-Isolation CHECK
-Unexpressed feelings - such as anger, resentment, guilt or fear. CHECK
I hit every single cause.. except the thyroid disorder. (i only listed a few)

Symptoms
-Feelings of inadequacy CHECK
-Oversensitive to things other people say, or over thinking CHECK
-Relationship difficulties.. Oh relationship difficulties we meet again... CHECK
- Low self esteem CHECK CHECK CHECK
-Frightening fantasies or thoughts CHECK
Yup.. I had every single symptom on that page minus the hurt the baby. i could never ever hurt my baby boy.
I probably cuddle him way to much though. But i need those snuggles.

And apparently a way to relieve sadness is screaming?? Whatever helps i guess...
Not really sure as to what I'm going to do to get through this. Its just reassuring to know that what I'm feeling is normal.

RANT~
OK, I've seen a few things from little 13 year old girls or whatever saying how they would like to meet this Jahar Boston Bombing Terrorist dude.. First off.. If hes bombing America.. He probably wont like you.. He`s killed innocent people. Second.. your 13, keep your legs closed and stop being little sluts who want "bad boys".
That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know if this will make you feel any better, but losing your hair postpartum is totally normal. In fact, I think it's abnormal if you don't! Mine usually starts to fall out around 6 wks., and continues to do so for about a year, although it's worse at the beginning. So...totally normal!

    ReplyDelete